Monday, June 22, 2009


Hi Zooters! Sounds like everyone’s race season is off to a great start. I started my season with Memphis In May, a race I have always wanted to do but just never got around to. I had a great time at the race although I must say my Zoot uniform still smells like the Memphis lake (even after washing it several times!). I had a decent race, finishing 12th pro, but definitely could tell it was my first race of the season and I needed to work the kinks out. Next up was Eagleman which is one of my favorite races and I was very excited for it. Fortunately the weather cooperated this year (last year it was 115degrees on race day!) although all the rain leading up to the race turned the transition area into one big mud pit. The mud was so bad that it sucked my running shoe right off my foot as I tried to run out of T2. The swim went well (only 1 jellyfish sting) and I felt great on the bike (I love flat, fast courses!). I started out the run feeling great and then totally bonked around mile 7. I did everything I could to keep myself moving but it was a futile effort. I did finish but with a pretty pathetic run split. I realized after the race I really flaked on my nutrition during the bike leg. What a rookie mistake! I should definitely know better and was pretty mad at myself. Oh well. Live and learn, right?! At least I feel good about my training. Next up is my hometown race, Philadelphia Triathlon. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment