Monday, June 22, 2009

Caroline Smith Update


Hi All!

This is my first Post on here....yeah, I know.. I'm a little late on getting everyone up to date :-)

For those of you who don't know me, I'm the Cajun Pro from Louisiana. This is my second year as a memeber of the Zoot Ultra Team and it has been a lot of fun traveling, training, and racing for Zoot!

This year started off with the Inargural Ironman New Orleans 70.3 - the first race in New Orleans since Hurricane Katrina. It was a Re-Birth of sorts for the sport in this area and it seemed to breathe new life into our community!

The race attracted some of the best triathletes in the world - and served up a day full of hot, windy, and steamy weather - the best of what we have to offer here. It was truly a great day for New Orleans and I really enjoyed having so many great athletes come to my hometown to race!

Year to date:

Ironman New Orleans 70.3 15th
Crawfishman Tri 1st
Gulf Coast Triathlon (1/2 IM) 1st
Memphis in May 8th
Heatwave Tri 2nd

My best race so far this year was the Gulf Coast Triathlon in Panama City, FL. I had a lot to overcome in that race, including a lot of GI problems on the run - but I still pulled off a win. It was Awesome!

After that, I moved into a house here in Mandeville, and that took over my life for a while but as it turned out, it was a much needed break both mentally and physically. I did the Heatwave Tri in Jackson, MS for fun, and ended up second - noticing that I lost my edge. That was exactly what I needed as now I am back on track a d ready to take on te second half of the year.

Right now, I am LOVING my bew bike (ORBEA ROCKS!) and training is back on track. I have had 2 really great weeks and have my eyes set on the 5430 in Boulder in August, then a few morew 70.3's including Cancun and Austin, then the MS Tour for Cure where I will be riding on Team LAUREN ROCKS (Lauren Rolston is a swimmer I coached who was just diagnosed with MS at age 24) and finishing up with an Ironman in November.

So, As you can see, I'm gonna be jam packed till November - and am SO STOKED about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment