Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Morgan Hill Sprint Triathlon


Hi, Team ZOOT

Just wanted to update how my season is going.
I did Morgan Hill Sprint Triathlon about two weeks ago (May 17, 09).
It was my first "Tri"athlon for this season. I went down to Oceanside for Ironman California 70.3 in April, but I had to pull out after the bike due to the heel pain, which started one week prior to the race. It turned out to be a stress fracture and kept me away from running for four weeks.

Anyway, I started to run two weeks before the MHST and decided to do the race in the last minute. I knew the run would be ugly, and it was.... but I managed to place 2nd in my age-group and 4 th overall. It was such a fun local race (some big name pros came out!) and great to see a lot of familier faces. And, I was glad to be able to do all three!

Hope all of you are staying healthy and having a great early season!
Megumi Masuda

No comments:

Post a Comment