Sunday, December 26, 2010

Training Week +Zoot Tempo Review

Training Week 12/20-12/26...Xmas Style



Happy Holidays Everyone!
I have started to use this blog, as well as my own jeffpet.blogspot.com, as a weekly training log. To me it is more simple, easily accessed, and fun to share. Just a note on my training...I ususally keep the write ups pretty minimal. This makes it easier to keep and ,for your purposes, easier to follow. Also, along the way I will highlight my experiences with my sponsors' wonderful products, especially Zoot.
This past week I have really honed in my racing shoe for 2011 - the Zoot Tempo. Last year I had the opportunity to run in this shoe. However, for me, it seemed like more shoe than what I was used to. I raced in the Zoot "Race" in 2010. This month, I have had the privilege to run in the updated Tempo (the 4.0!) and I could not be happier with a shoe. From High School running through college with a Nike team and beyond, I have had the opportunity to try many different shoes. This one really feels well-rounded and the fit is perfect. I feel comfortable using it in a 5k, Marathon, maybe even on the trails as it has more support than any other racer I've used. Look for this shoe and do not hesitate on giving it a try!





Training

12/20 -12/16



Monday - AM – 10mile run on Tam with the doggie…We hammered!

Tuesday – AM – TJ’s Crossfit - WOD“Helen” Rx(400m run, 21 Kettle Ball Swims (53lbs), 12 pullups x 3) 8 minutes and 59 seconds of intensity…loved it…
PM – Jogger Stroller 9 miler on the bike paths

Wednesday – AM – 3000yd swim
PM – Track workout with the Wednesday Night Crew, “The Michigan “ Marin Style. Mile track interval, mile off the track in the hills at tempo, 1200m track, mile hilly tempo, 800m track, mile hilly tempo, 400m

Thursday – AM – TJ’s Crossfit – WOD 800m run, 25 95lbs Thrusters, 800m run, 25 95lbs thrusters, 800m run…this one put me on my arse.
PM – Evening swim with Scott and Curt at the Olympic Club…a short one because we spent too much time in holiday traffic from Bloomingdales and a little too much time relaxing in the hot tub.

Friday – AM – TJ’s Crossfit – WOD “Fight Gone Bad” Rx (3 rounds of 5x60secs of box jumps, row, wall ball with 20lbs ball, Sumo Deadlift High Pull, Push Press) Going for max reps in all and cals burned in the row – score 315
PM – Jogger Stroller 8 miler on the trails w/ Ramsey, Clara and Carolina…tough stuff

Saturday –AM –MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! Played for a long time and ate a ton.
PM – Houston….we have a bike! Thanks so much Emily! 45 mins, with Tony DeBoom “stomps” on the trainer while Clara was on the neighboring treadmill.

Sunday – AM – Long Run on the trails, about 2 hours with pickups on the hills. Tons of new waterfalls. Very enjoyable…
PM – Crossfit Traveler’s WOD 50pushups,10situps,40p,20s,30p,30s,20p,40s,10p,50s


Review – Got in 4 CFs, 6 runs (mostly hard efforts), 2 swims, 1 bike, and a partridge in a pear tree. I already am feeling a difference in strenth because of Crossfit, especially in the pool.
It was a really great week off from work(day job as a teacher/coach) and although the training doesn’t depict this, it was restful and magical with my family. More of it this week with hopefully some more swims/rides…Happy New Year My Friends!

JP

No comments:

Post a Comment