Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Race Updates


Hey fellow Zooters! Its been a while since I've posted an update..better late than never!

Ironman Kansas 70.3

I was really excited for this race as it was my first time racing on the Ordu, Zipp wheel set, Zoot gear and Zoot Ultra TT shoes. After a somewhat disappointing swim (poor sighting), I was off on the bike. The Ordu is FAST! I ended up putting down the fastest bike split in my AG (25-29) and it was also a bike split PR for me. The run went very well too and I was able to run myself into 3rd place in my AG and 15th OA with a time of 4:21, which is also a 70.3 PR!

Mighty Wolf Sprint

This is a small sprint distance race that my coach's team, Your Training Zone, all got together for a good showing. Everybody did very well and had good races. Its been quite a while since I last raced a sprint cause, well, they HURT! Nonetheless, it was fun to red-line it out there. The swim was short and in a man-made lake. I decided to try out my Zoot SpeedZoot, which was perfect for this swim! I had a really good bike split (again, the Ordu was smokin'!) and was able to follow that up with a run that Im very pleased with. I ended up taking 2nd place overall. I have more pics and the full race reports for both races on my blog at 3xRob.

It sounds like everyone on the team here is having excellent seasons. Keep it up! I have a pair of 70.3s left for the season and then the big show in Oct. Training is going well and Zoot, Orbea, Zipp, Gu and Fuel Belt are all providing excellent support!

Train hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment